Rail (1 Night)
The popular ‘Savannahlander’ train travels the original 90 year old line that serviced the pioneering mining towns of Forsayth, Einasleigh and Mount Surprise.
Slowing and stopping regularly, there are plenty of opportunities to observe and photograph the flora, fauna and unique geological features encountered on this historic journey. We think there is no better way to enjoy your return trip to Cairns!
Please note that all prices are based on twin share, in Australian dollars and GST inclusive. Reservations are essential. Single room supplements may apply. Prices are valid from April 1st 2012 to 31st March 2013 (Please note seasons below).
30th March 2012 – 22nd April 2012
23rd June 2012 – 31st August 2012
22nd September 2012 – 7th October 2012
23rd April 2012 – 22nd June 2012
1st September 2012 – 21st September 2012
8th October 2012 – 30th November 2012
10th March 2013 – 31st March 2013
2 Day Outback Experience with Rail (Archway Explorer – Each Friday March to December)
- Cairns to Undara – Coach transfer at 6.30am ON FRIDAYS ONLY
- Buffet Lunch at Fettler’s Iron Pot Bistro 12pm
- Two Hour Lava Tube Tour with Savannah Guide (depart from Reception) 3.30pm
- Free time to enjoy resort facilities including marked walking tracks, swimming pool, bird watching, a snooze in the shade
- Wildlife at Sunset Tour at approx 5.30pm (check departure time with Reception on arrival)
- 3 course dinner in Fettler’s Iron Pot Bistro 7.30pm
- Evening Activities – meet at the Saloon Car Bar at 8:00pm
- Overnight restored turn-of-the-century carriage accommodation
- Bush Breakfast at Ringer’s Camp 6am
- Travel back by Savannahlander Train Safari from 8.15am
- Arrive Cairns 7.00pm, transfers to hotel accommodation. Northern Beaches drop off by 8.00pm
Day One: Travel by coach through the beautiful Cairns Highlands and on into Tropical North Queensland’s Outback region, known as the Gulf Savannah. Lunch on arrival at Undara Experience join your Savannah Guide for a fascinating two hour tour of the Undara Lava Tubes. Later on the Wildlife At Sunset Tour enjoy champagne as you watch the sun drop below the rugged Newcastle Range and marvel at the variety of wildlife including literally thousands of micro bats leaving the Lava Tubes to feed for the night. After dinner enjoy an evening of campfire activities. Overnight carriage accommodation. Lunch and dinner included.
Day Two: Awaken your tastebuds with a bush breakfast at the Ringers Camp to the accompaniment of the morning bird chorus. Then depart for Mount Surprise for your Savannahlander Train safari back to Cairns. Breakfast included
Tour Code (1UNCR): Undara Experience is an approved destination for hire vehicles. Available every Friday March 2nd to December 14th 2012.
|2 Day Outback Experience||Standard Carriage (Double/Twin)||Ensuite Double Carriage||Pioneer Hut|
|Adult (High Season)||$493pp||$502pp||$508pp|
|Child (High Season)||$307pp||$316pp||$323pp|
|Adult (Low Season)||$479pp||$486pp||$491pp|
|Child (Low Season)||$293pp||$300pp||$306pp|