For those contemplating self-drive options, the road to Undara is fully sealed and the journey can be travelled comfortably and safely by conventional vehicle. Travel times are 3.5 hours from Cairns, 5 hours from Townsville and 2 hours from Georgetown.
2 Day – “Get Outback Package” – (Coach Return – Year round – Meals Included)
The best way to sample the outback. Enjoy authentic outback hospitality, discover the Undara Lava Tubes and meet Aussie Wildlife in its bush home. Undara is Australia’s Accessible Outback, just a short ride from Cairns and you are in the wide open Savannah Country, this is not to be missed!
- Travel by coach from Cairns to Undara Experience through the Atherton Tablelands
- Free time to enjoy resort facilities including many kilometers of bush walking and mountainbike tracks, swimming pool, bird watching, a snooze in the shade
- Wildlife at Sunset Tour at approx 5.15pm
- 3 course dinner in Fettler’s Iron Pot Bistro 7.30pm
- Evening Activities – meet at the Saloon Car Bar at 8:00pm
- Overnight Swag Tent accommodation
- Bush Breakfast at Ringer’s Camp 7am
- Archway Explorer Tour of Undara Lava Tubes with Savannah Guide (depart from Reception) 8.00am
- Depart for Cairns by coach 1.00pm
- Arrive Cairns 5.30pm.
Day One: Departing Cairns, travel by coach through the beautiful Atherton Tablelands, then into Tropical North Queensland’s Outback region, known as the Gulf Savannah. On arrival at Undara Experience, you have time to relax in this most amazing of environments. Lay about by the pool, enjoy a bush walk or go bird spotting before joining your Savannah Guide for a magnificent Wildlife at Sunset tour complete with sparkling wine and light refreshments before heading in to see the nightly bat emergence from Barkers cave. Afterwards join us for a 3 course dinner (meals option only) or self cater before heading down to the campfire for that nights evening activity. Overnight in our Swag Tent Village accommodation.
Day Two: Awaken your tastebuds with Bush Breakfast at the Ringers Camp to the accompaniment of the morning bird chorus (meals option only). Join your Savannah Guide for an Archway Explorer Lava Tube tour, where you will discover the powerful forces that shaped this natural phenomenon while the guides share their extensive knowledge of this fascinating area. Depart Undara Experience for your return journey to Cairns as you reflect on the beauty of this outback region.
Tour Code (1CDBB): Available daily year round.