Mobility impaired access and facilities
Undara Experience caters for those with mobility concerns. Please advise your needs on booking (minimum 72 hours prior to arrival). Access for the mobility impaired is as follows:
- Full wheelchair access to a Restored Railway Carriage room.
- Full wheelchair access to bathroom and bathroom facilities.
- No mobility impaired access to twin or triple tents.
- Family tents have one small step suitable for the mobility impaired but not suitable for a wheelchair.
No mobility impaired access.
- Mobility impaired access to bathrooms available. Request when booking.
- Wheelchair access to bar deck.
- Mobility impaired access to restaurant.
- No wheelchair access to restaurant amenities.
- No wheelchair access to conference room.
- Wheelchair access to deck and 1.5cm lip into shop.
- Mobility impaired access.
- Wheelchair access to pool area.
- Pool edge flush with pavers.
- 5mx4m 50cm deep pool drops over waterfall into full depth pool.
Public Toilet Facilities
- Full wheelchair access to amenities at swimming pool.
- Pool toilet and shower block services wheelchair customers to the restaurant and campground.
Mobility Impaired Touring
At Undara we want everyone to be able to enjoy these amazing structures. We are able to offer custom tours which can include:
- Visiting a section of Lava Tube which has a mobility chair installed to descend into and ascend from the lava tube
- Explanation of the surrounding landscape
- Driving up the edge of the evergreen vine thicket
- Visiting the replica homestead of the early settlers
• This tour needs to be booked with 72 hours notice to guarantee departure.
Please note: Savannah Guides are not trained carers and it is recommended participants bring an aide.
Undara Experience coaches are not wheelchair accessible – there is 1 step in to the coach and 1 step up to the bus main floor. Conventional vehicle is suitable for private transfer into the National Park to meet your Savannah Guide. Please arrange with Reservations when making your booking.
Volcano Valley and Wildlife at Sunset Tours
Not wheelchair accessible. Tours include uphill climbs on uneven ground. Suitable only for slight mobility impairments. Carer accompaniment is essential.