Just what is the Undara Experience? Set in the Gulf Savannah country, Undara is as ancient and alluring as the continent itself, the Undara Lava Tubes stand as silent sentinels to our pre-history. Here you can walk in the path of a volcano and sleep cocooned in an antique railway carriage as your dreams connect you with the essence of this timeless land. It’s a place where you can explore natural geological wonders, enjoy the comforts and hospitality of a unique outback setting and where the local wildlife are as abundant as they are at home in their surroundings. In short, Undara needs to be experienced!
Undara Experience is currently in an operational change over called the Green Season. (Late October-early March)
Operational changes include the following:
Tours that are available for the 2015 Green Season are;
- Archway Explorer Tour (2hrs) Departs: 10.30am $57.00/ adult, $28.50/ child
- Wildlife at Sunset Tour (2hrs) Departs: 5.45pm $60/ adult, $30/ child
All tours are subject to availability & weather conditions.
Please call our reservations team on 1800 990 992 to book to avoid disappointment as tours with nil bookings are cancelled and we can also be fully booked.
Accommodation available for the 2015 Green Season is:
- Pioneers Hut ($170/night)
- Swags Tent Village (2 person $43/night & 4 person $95/night)
- Powered Camp/Caravan/Motorhome Sites ($18.50/adult/night, $9.50/child/night)
- Un-powered Camp Sites ($13.00/adult/night, $9.50/child/night)
Meals available with bookings only and are extremely limited:
- Breakfast in the Fettler’s Iron Pot restaurant is $16.00/adult
- Dinner with an extremely limited menu: 5pm – 6pm
- No lunch available
- Communal Kitchens are available for guests to self-cater
(Please click on “Green Season.” for further information on the operations during this period of late October-March).
Lava Tubes, Gems & Gorges Trail Information